Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Giving Back

I feel very blessed to do something I am so passionate about and that I’m able to live my dream. One of my favorite quotes of all time is by Robert Brault “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” That’s what motivates me …. capturing those little moments.
I think one of the greatest compliments I get from clients is when they tell me that they have saved for months in order to have a session with me. And while I know every mom and dad would love to have those precious moments captured of their own children, there isn’t always room in the budget for it. So in the spirit of giving back, I would like to give a session to a deserving family that for whatever reason, may not be able to afford a custom photo session. If you (or someone you know) thinks this describes your situation and would love beautiful images of your children- keep reading…
This offer is for a family with young children- or just the little
one(s) from the family.
The session will be limited to the immediate family only (no cousins, grandparents, etc.).
The session date and location will be determined by me and will be held within the next six weeks.

So… what does ‘the session’ include? The chosen recipient will receive a session (remember- I will choose the location) and a $400 print credit to be used on prints from the session.
The chosen family will need to be available on a weekday in June- I will have a couple of different dates to choose from.

And what do you need to do?
Email me at Melanie@expressionsbymelanie.com if you or someone you know would like to be considered for this opportunity. Put “Giving Back” in the subject line and then let me know why you think you (or the person) deserves this ‘giving back’ session. I don’t need a lot of details but provide any information you feel would be pertinent to my decision. A photo isn’t necessary but feel free to include one. Please also include all children’s names and ages along with a telephone number (and email address if available) of the person who desires the session. And lastly, please make sure if you are submitting another person for this, that they are truly interested in a session.

All entries must be received by midnight on May 2nd. Depending on how many entries are received, I may enlist a second party to help choose a winner. The winner will be notified by phone or email and we will set up a date and location at that time.
~M