Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Back!

I didn't announce it and unless you've spoken to me recently you probably didn't even realize I was MIA (aside from not returning your calls/emails).... but I'm back and ready to return those emails and calls!

As most of you know, I don't offer weddings. My love lies with photographing newborns, little ones, bigger ones, and their families. My schedule stays full so I can't even imagine adding wedding photography to that already hectic schedule. But, I can't say that I haven't been curious and I've always had a desire to photograph a wedding. Well, this weekend I had an opportunity to do so. I was honored when a very special couple asked me to photograph their beach wedding and after careful consideration- I accepted. And as a little reward, my family and I spent a few extra days enjoying the beach before heading home.

The wedding itself was gorgeous but I have to say, I was TIRED. After 11 hours of shooting, I left the wedding site thrilled with the opportunity to capture the day for the beautiful couple.... and with a happy heart decided that I'll stick with my little ones! Maybe one day I'll move on and shoot the weddings of these little ones but for now, give me a baby or a two year old to chase and I'm completely content!

As I said, I'll be returning calls/emails tomorrow. I haven't counted but I know I have a long list so if I don't get to everyone tomorrow please know that I'm working on it. If by Thurs. afternoon you haven't heard from me, please try again- as I may not have received your message.
If you have requested a session, they will be booked in the order I received the request.


While I'm on the subject of sessions.... the spring schedule is almost full and summer is getting there as well.
I will be limiting my summer schedule to certain days of the week so that I can spend some extra time with my children while they are off for the summer. Location sessions will be limited so book soon if you desire a location session.

And what is a blog post without a cutie to go with it.....
This is Savannah Grace-- and what a doll she is!