Saturday, December 16, 2006

Family

Especially during this time of the year, we are reminded of the importance of family. Many of us get so wrapped up in the day-to-day acts of life that we forget to take time to soak up and enjoy the little things. I know all too soon my little ones won't be so needy and and demand so much of my time. There will be a time that my house won't be cluttered with dolls, matchbox cars, or the feast (made of only the best toy food to be found) that my two year old carefully prepared for me to eat. There will come a day when I'll find fewer sticky hand prints on my walls and windows, fewer times when a chubby little hand reaches up to grab mine to lead me off to a new adventure, and less times when snuggling with mommy is a great ending to the day.
Sometimes I need to remind myself to not only live in the here and now but to cherish these times- even the days when I want to pull my hair out- for one day, one day all too soon- I won't be needed nearly enough!

With that, here is a precious family that I love working with.