Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I love my job!!!

EEKS.... I'm behind.... but what's new. I have had so much positive feedback on my blog, so I'm trying to keep up. Of course, getting sessions proofed is top priority and I'm having a hard time staying caught up. I'm NOT complaining because I absouletly LOVE what I do. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE capturing the look of contentment that comes across an active 15 month olds face after she looks up and finds that mommy is still there ,or that toddler who is struggling between complete independence and still finding the need for a parent's hand, or the soulful eyes of a three year old, or the tender way a daddy looks at his newborn, or that 6 year olds gaping smile that reminds you they are growing up all too fast.... should I go on?
It's capturing those every day moments and expressions that I'm so in love with.
What else do I love about my job?
Watching these little ones grow up and seeing those little personalities emerging. It's amazing how quickly they change!!
Of course to end this I have to post a picture.... This is Jet. He's a Baby Planner and I've had the privilege of photographing him before he was even born, with mom's maternity. At his first session he was 2 weeks old and just a peanut... now he's 3 months old and growing so fast. Amazing, the difference a couple of months can make. You'd never know that he makes me work hard at every session..... he doesn't seem to be a fan of the camera. At 2 weeks we had the hair dryer out trying to warm him up because he was NOT happy when we stripped him down. And at 3 months those smiles would only emerge when he was far away from the camera... of course that half grin over mom's shoulder more than makes up for it!
Sweet Baby at 2 weeks

And now